Sunday, February 01, 2009

Tagged

Just me... was nice enough to tag me, which I actually do appreciate just so I can get my ass writing again! Honestly, I am currently working on my top CDs of 2008 a la March, so that's taken up some time. Once that is done, I hope to have some sort of semi-regular update here, since something wacky is always going on in Dim City.

So, here is 25 random things about me. And I've covered some of these things before in this here blog, so feel free to dig around in the archives if you are interested in knowing even MORE about Dim.

  1. I currently have 12,144 songs on my iPod.
  2. I am an only child.
  3. I was once appeared in Rolling Stone Magazine. Proof.
  4. The two most commented on blog entries in the history of Dim City were my rant on MySpace and my rant on Rachael Ray.
  5. I collect editions of Animal Farm by George Orwell.
  6. I am currently extremely unhappy about my weight. I had a picture taken of me last night and I looked like a house. Let's hope the camera phone puts on about 40 pounds.
  7. I got married at age 33.
  8. We are about to celebrate our second year in our house and I really, really love it. But I am worried that we might outgrow it and that bothers me.
  9. My two current TV show crushes are Yvonne Strahovski from "Chuck" and Connie Britton from "Friday Night Lights".
  10. The above is OK to admit, because my wife told me she had a dream about Taylor Kitsch and I see how she looks at Zachary Levi!
  11. I graduated from a Catholic high school and a Catholic college, but am not a terribly obedient Catholic, though there are aspects of that religion I whole-heartedly believe in.
  12. My degree is in Criminal Justice, with a minor in Psychology and my job has nothing to do with either.
  13. Our house currently holds 2 acoustic/electric guitars, 2 electric guitars, a bass guitar, a mandolin, a ukelele, an electric piano, and a violin. And a musical Egg.
  14. I once broke a chair allegedly belonging to Henry Kissinger on New Year's Eve.
  15. I love to cook and probably make the best eggplant parm you've ever had.
  16. I once grew my hair long and donated it to Locks of Love. I'm growing it out again, but there's a little more grey in it this time and I don't think they'll want it unless some poor kid really wants to look like Taylor Hicks. Kudos to my darling wife who has done this TWICE.
  17. I once grew an OUTRAGEOUS handlebar mustache!
  18. My wife and I enjoy playing open mics, but we've regrettably not done one in over two years.
  19. I am strangely very stoked about the new Watchmen movie and loved the book despite not being a comic book or graphic novel fan.
  20. My wife and I cut our wedding cake to "Hesitating Beauty" by Billy Bragg and Wilco and had our first dance to Norah Jones' "Come Away With Me" (though Mazzy Star's "Fade Into You" was my first choice).
  21. I own far too many CDs and DVDs.
  22. I have a thing for redheads (luckily, my wife is one, so it's OK!)
  23. I hate hate hate supernatural horror movies and refuse to watch them. The only exception being The Others, which was far more suspense and thriller than horror.
  24. I am a total hypochondriac (undiagnosed!)
  25. I had a bitch of a time coming up with 25 random things about me.

I tag anyone who actually still reads this blog! (crickets chirping...)

- Dim.

6 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

good read man..glad to see you posting!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Ahh, the MySpace post. Good times.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#23 - Nicole Kidman had nothing to do with it?

#17 - thank God you shaved that thing.

- Pesty

10:49 AM  
Blogger Just me... said...

Oh, Congrats!! This was a waaay better list than mine!!
While the tagging thing may be a little juvenile, it did get you to write something!! I miss reading your blog!! Write more!! :):):)

10:50 AM  
Blogger B. said...

Thank you for tagging Dim, Just me!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Just me... said...

We enjoy his writing too much not to light a little fire under his ass on occasion.. :):)

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape