Monday, April 28, 2008

For Jenny G

Continuing with the theme which I'm dragging out as long as possible, Jenny G has a few questions:

1. Why are you so awesome?

This is an amazing question. I've thought long and hard about this one as it is one I am asked multiple times on a daily basis. It could be a number of factors:
  • My devastating good looks
  • My rapier-like wit
  • My unparalleled sense of humor
  • How jaw-droppingly amazing I appear when I am "happy in the pants"

But mostly, I think I am so awesome because of my humility.

2. What's it like to work with March?

Here's the funny thing about me and March. Despite knowing him for about 10 years or so, we have never worked in the same group. So, I don't really work with March, not that he does a lot of work to begin with.

Let me tell you the origins of Dim and March. We both worked in the same building years ago, yet we didn't know each other. I knew him as the kid who had towers of CD cases on his desk that he would rifle through and also as the kid who never seemed to have a work-related screen up on his monitor. One of these two characteristics still holds true. Guess which one? I'll give you hint: He has an iPod now.

So, one day, I went to Newbury Comics (a local music store) with some friends and saw March there. I was buying this CD at the store, which March noticed, because it was one of the 7,869 discs he also had at his desk. When I got back to the office, he sent me an e-mail about the disc and about music in general and that was it.

So, despite us having worked in the same buildings a couple of times, we never have truly worked together. And we rarely see each other these days, other than the occasional concert or hockey game, but we correspond daily and he remains a good friend to this day. Awwwww....isn't that nice?

3. We haven't heard much about your new house--any funny stories?

The house hasn't exactly been filled with funny stories yet. Things are going pretty well, but I envision a full-fledged post about battling squirrels to stay out of the bird feeders will be coming soon. Those bastards have some nerve. I heard that they don't like cayenne pepper, so I sprinked some of that in the birdseed in the hopes that they would taste it and leave the seed alone for the birds.

I look out the window and there is a posse of five squirrels all devouring the seed in the feeder. I yell out, "What about the cayenne pepper??" and they look back at me. All of them are wearing sombreros and drinking Coronas. They have absurd moustaches and are rocking out to the Gipsy Kings and yell back, "Screw you, ese!"

This means war.

- Dim.

3 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

Thank you for explaining your awesomeness. The only sure way to rid the bird feeders of squirrels is to shoot them, but who wants to do that?

10:55 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I had an unfortunate incident involving birdseed that unbeknownst to me was laced with cayenne and rubbing my eyes after touching it.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I can picture you doing the old man fistshake out the back door of your new house: "Damn you, you little furry bastards!"

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape