Thursday, April 17, 2008

For March

OK, here are the answers to March's questions. Fret not, you others...I'll be answering your questions very soon. Feel free to keep them coming. Or, rather than questions, if you have a specific topic you want me to blog about, send it on in.

1) Your blog links..why link to so many bloggers who no longer update?

I'm wicked lazy and don't feel like cleaning up my main page. Besides, I still wake up every day with the hopes that I will find a new post from Annoyed. To remove him from my links would to give up on my dream. You're not suggesting I give up on my dream, are you??

2) You are able to put together a one day rock fest. Everything is paid for, legally all set etc...who is on the bill. (1 rule..bands must be active today..or have all members alive for a one off gig like Husker Du)

You gave me absolutely no limit, but I will try to keep it reasonable. And in alphabetical order!

- Afghan Whigs (reunited)
- Alison Krauss & Robert Plant (after which, she can go do a set with Union Station if she wants and Plant can do some tunes with that rock band he had back in the late 60s, early 70s...forget their name)
- Anthrax (on the metal stage and ONLY with John Bush singing)
- The Black Crowes (only if Marc Ford would re-join them)
- Bonnie "Prince" Billy
- Concrete Blonde (just to hear Johnette Napolitano...she's so incredible)
- the Cure
- the Dandy Warhols (Even if they just play "Godless" and that's it)
- Dread Zeppelin
- Elvis Presley (he's alive, so shut up)
- Eric Matthews
- Faith No More (reunited, and then Patton can do sets with Fantomas, Tomahawk, a reunited Mr. Bungle, and Peeping Tom just to make me happy)
- Foo Fighters
- Golden Earring (I want to hear "Radar Love" and then "Twilight Zone". Then, I'll boot their asses off the stage)
- Gomez
- Gorillaz (and then Damon Albarn can joing The Good, The Bad, & The Queen for a set)
- Grant Lee Buffalo (reunited)
- The Gutter Twins
- Husker Du (reunited, then, after an 8 round boxing match between Grant Hart and Bob Mould, they go off and Hart plays with Nova Mob and Mould plays with a reunited Sugar)
- Iron Maiden
- Jennifer Trynin (out of semi-retirement)
- John Butler Trio (just because these guys slay live)
- King's X
- Kristin Hersh/Throwing Muses/50 Foot Wave
- Monster Magnet
- Murder By Death
- Neko Case
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- Phish (reunited, but they need to keep it short. No 45 minute version of "What's the Use?")
- Pink Floyd (all of them)
- PJ Harvey
- Prince
- Queens of the Stone Age
- R.E.M.
- the Raconteurs
- Richard Thompson
- Rush
- Ryan Adams and the Cardinals
- Scorpions (well, maybe just Klaus Meine, who opens the whole day by screaming in a thick German accent, "Dimfest! There is no one like YOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!")
- Sleater-Kinney (reunited)
- Soundgarden (reunited)
- Stars
- Talking Heads (reunited)
- Tom Jones
- Tool
- Urge Overkill
- the White Stripes
- the Who
- Wilco
- Willie Nelson

Is that too much to ask for? If so, I can narrow it down to just Neko Case for the whole day.

3) Paper or Plastic?

I we are talking shopping bags, definitely plastic. Screw the environment! I broke my back shovelling about 200 inches of global warming this winter, so frig off! If we are talking what's on the roll in the bathroom, that would be paper. I tried plastic in there and it doesn't work quite as well.

4) Would you rather have season tickets for the Red Sox or Bruins?

Red Sox. Hands down. 81 games of drinking and eating hot dogs vs. 41 games of drinking and eating hot dogs? Come on. You do the math.

5) Is bacon the best "side" to go with breakfast?

It's definitely the best meat to go with breakfast. A great order of home fries is also a tremendous side. We have a cool diner near us and my favorite breakfast there is the 3 eggs, any style, bacon, home fries, toast, and french toast. It's called the Defibrillator and comes with a free parking pass to St. Vincent's Hospital. Can't go wrong with that.

Side note, Xteen and I have bacon issues as she loves it too, but loves it burned to a crisp and I like it less well done. This is a big sore spot in our house and probably explains why she eats a lot of oatmeal and I go through a box of Grape Nuts a week.

6) What is your favorite beer at the British Beer Company? Does it go well with Buff Chix Pizza?

I've only been to said establishment uno time-o (which is Spanish for "one time", for all you non-bilinguals out there), but my favorite beer, of which I had quite a few, was the Fullers ESB on draft. Heavenly. And it most certainly went well with buffalo chicken pizza. Then again, Schlitz in the can probably would have went well with that delectible pie. I know, I know, hold the onions, right, Hodge?

Thanks for the questions. Keep them and any other ideas coming!

- Dim.

2 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

I noticed Mariah Carey is missing from your concert line-up.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

If I had known you were dreaming of me I wouldn't have stayed away so long!

I'll be trying to post at least 2-3 a week.

Soon it will all seem like a nightmare.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape