Wednesday, October 04, 2006

More Pretzel Logic **Edit..added #9**

Since I'm still struggling with theme-oriented posts, I decided to yet another post more along the line of my brain having about 6 IPAs and then deciding that a Sambuca shot-contest is the perfect way to go. The result? My brain yakking its brain out to the point of dry heaves. That's what this post is like. My brain has the dry heaves. Told ya my creativity well was dry!

  1. I am far from a world traveler, but in my modest adventures on the highways and biways (which are what, exactly?), I've seen a slew of "Weigh Station" signs and all of them say the Weigh Station is, in fact, closed. I've yet to see an open Weigh Station anywhere. They have McDonalds' that are somehow open 25-hours a day and have served upwards of an "assloadillian" customers, yet I have yet to run into one person who hasn't been stymied by locked doors and cobwebbed windows at one of these Weigh Stations. Probably for the best. Considering my need to go on a diet, I wouldn't want to use one anyway. Seems a little out of place, too. Getting weighed on the highway. Besides, I don't trust any scale that I can't calibrate with a bag of sugar. They're all liars.
  2. Speaking of things I never see, has anyone actually ever seen a live opossum? I swear these things are born full-size, live for about 4 minutes, and are intrinsically driven to then get squashed beyond recognition in the middle of the road. Every single opossum I have ever seen had a body flat as a flapjack, lying on its decimated back, arms raised like antennae to their now other-worldly home, and a look on its face that says, "I can't believe I just got killed by a fucking Datsun."
  3. How come in all of those alphabet books (you know, the "A is for apple" books), X is ALWAYS for xylophone? You mean, there are no other X-words in the entire English language? "X is for xylophone" is a total cop-out and laziness to the nth degree. Howsabout "X is for xenophobe"? There's a quality bedtime discussion waiting to happen.
  4. I was walking around today at lunch, listening to my iPod and, all of a sudden got a tremendous urge to play guitar and get my setlist in order for my next open mic night, which has not yet been scheduled. Which makes total sense, because today, my right hand is very sore (not from THAT, you pervs...well, maybe from that...) and I have a sore throat (sore, not meaning a little irritation. Sore, meaning someone lit my esophagus on fire and tried to put it out with sandpaper), so it'll be hard for me to hold a pick and, if I try to sing anything other than the deep, seductive bass notes of Barry White tunes (which is what my voice sounds like today), it'll come out like "It's Time To Change" by Peter fucking Brady. This is so typical of me...get really jazzed up for something when I can't possibly do it. Unlike when I force myself to play, when completely healthy in hand and throat, and stop halfway through my Dandy Warhols cover and decide, "I really need to clip my toenails. They are talon-esque. I could probably swoop down and ensnare a small marsupial like, I dunno, an opposum maybe, with these bad boys!" I really don't have ADD. I'm just a spaz. Can't wait for the day I finally want to take ballet classes. It will undoubtedly be the day I get my toes run over and crushed by a Datsun while trying to nudge an opossum out of the middle of the road.
  5. I better get over this sore throat thing in a hurry, because I am going to see Iron Maiden this Friday and really want to enjoy myself in as metal a manner as humanly possible, which means screaming and giving the "horns" with the injured right hand. Let me repeat that last bit. I'm going to see Iron Maiden. Don't say, "HAHA! Dim, you're so funny! Iron Maiden! Really, Dim...tell us another of your uproarious jests!" It's true. And all I can say is, if you are going to the Maiden show this Friday, please do me a favor and read this first. This show promises to be off-the-charts on the unintentional comedy scale, so I should have a good post next week.
  6. By the way, if you think this is a lame post designed to only have people read other archived posts from my blog that are funnier and wittier, you could not possibly be more wrong.
  7. Speaking of my work cafeteria (or not, if you didn't take the bait and click on the links on #6), their "desert" special yesterday surprisingly wasn't "Sahara", but a chocolate "mouse". Can't imagine it was a big seller. They really need a copy editor.
  8. I'm on day two of a psuedo-diet, so my lunch today consisted of a salad (read: lettuce) and a modest portion of sweet potato bisque soup. After eating this, my stomach said to me, "Yeah, that's great. Thanks for that. But when's lunch?" I tried ignoring it, without realizing that my stomach is actually Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction. So, now, I am practically doubled-over in hunger pains and I just looked over at one of my co-workers and their head transformed into a pork chop before my very eyes.
  9. So, I was listening to a song on the iPod today and it kept telling me over and over again to think for myself. So, I thought to myself about thinking for myself for awhile and figured out that if I now decided to think for myself, I wouldn't be thinking for myself, because this song told me to do it. Then again, if I thought for myself and decided to not think for myself, then I'm still not really thinking for myself even though I'm ignoring the voice ordering me to think for myself. Then, my eye started to twitch and I decided I really didn't need this shit and decided to eat some Funyuns instead.

That's all I have. Try to think of more X words and for the love of all that's holy, won't you save an opossum today?

- Dim.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenny G said...

Hilarious as usual, Dim. By the way, the weigh station on my way to work is open occasionally but usually it just serves as a place for cops to sit with radar guns.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

very nice! i've seen iron maiden a few times, but not on purpose - they were the opening act for judas priest, who i loved. sometimes x stands for x-ray...

5:06 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

i read that weigh stations are only open "randomly" because if truckers knew they were open they'd take detours to miss them. I swear man..i read it on the internet and everything on the internet is true.

march (former underwear model)

9:47 AM  
Blogger Steve H said...

Funyuns rock, and #9 was a riot.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love funyuns and we see lots of live opossums here.... hardly any dead only dead kangaroos....

am with you on the diet thing....


rr

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funyons do rock. And like Rosiegirl, I also used to do the Weird NJ drives and have actually seen a weigh station open on the Atlantic City Expressway near one of the tolls. That's the one and only time.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the post as per usual dim

now heres my x words


xero-graphy: a method of photographic copying

xmas

not very orginal but hey I gave it a try....

rr

and hey my word verification was xyhrprml hmmm

10:29 PM  
Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Hey! Loved it! And I am a sucker, I am clicking all over even though I am so behind on my blog reading! I am often driven to funyons from listening to my ipod.

Xmas = 25th of December
Xtra = as in more flavour in stuff or bigger in some manner

I am giving up on the english language

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape