Monday, January 09, 2006

Campbell's Soup is Mmm Mmm Sucky

As much as it pains me to knock Amy Adams off of my latest post, I just had to rant against this abomination. I saw a commercial for this...this...thing:


Now, this is just dag. First of all, it comes in a container whose shape should only contain one of two things. I pick up something that is shaped like this and put it to my lips, I either want to feel the tingly carbonation of soda pop, or the tingly carbonation of beer. I don't want a mouthful of Oodles of Noodles.

No frigging way am I eating soup out of a damn sippy cup. Just "heat and sip"??? Are you out of your mind??? It's Blended Vegetable Medley for crying out loud!!!!

Not to mention, it's just a total mind-screw to boot. Have you ever ordered a drink in a restuarant and you thought you ordered something else? And when you take a sip of it, it totally throws your body off? Like your body is anticipating tasting Sprite, but instead you get ginger ale and your body reacts like you just downed a pint of ipecac. Strange thing, the brain.

And that's not a world of difference either. Sprite, ginger ale. Big whoop. Now, grab this thing, anticipating a nice mouthful of Molson Export and instead you get cream of broccoli. Real nice.

Thanks, Campbell's, for actually over-complicating soup. SOUP!!!

Popping open a tall pasta e fagioli,

Dim.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny G said...

I HAAAAAAAAAATE Campbell's soup after an incident I had with their french onion soup. I will spare you the nasty details. That shit is a heart attack in a can; I can make a gallon of vegetable soup for less than $5 and in about 15-20 minutes, and it won't cause hypertension.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Okay, I have to chime in to say I love Campbell's soup, and I just ate it yesterday in its regular form (but I'd never eat their french onion), but Soup at Hand is a different story.

Did you try the stuff, Dim, or are you just railing against the packaging? I actually got some to have for lunch at school one day, and I realized just how awful it is.

That "blended vegetable medley"? Think about it. Are vegetables going to fit through a sippy cup hole? Noooo. There are no noodles, because they wouldn't fit through the hole, either. Beyond expecting Miller Lite or Sprite, you might actually expect a vegetable soup to have vegetables. Wrong. "Blended" means pureed. Gross.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

Nah, I don't need to try it to know it sucks. Call it "culinary ESP".

8:40 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

It's pureed?! FOUL! How hard is it to eat soup with a freaking spoon?

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape