Monday, November 21, 2005

Scary Stuff

Logged on late to check the score of the Red Wings game. Not living anywhere near Detroit, I usually have to rely on the internet to check up on the games. I know the game started, because at one point, I saw that Nashville was up 1-0. Then I checked and it read PPND next to the teams.

Hockey games never get postponed. All of a sudden, I didn't feel so good about it. I was hoping for some sort of power outage at the arena or something. Instead, it was this.

The Wings have had their share of tragedy in the recent past, like what happened to Vladdie Konstantinov back in '97. That one was tough to take. This one is fixing to be tough too.

Seems like Jiri is doing better, but for God's sake, man, if a single doctor advises you to hang it up, hang it up. You're 25. You've won a couple of Stanley Cups. Don't roll the dice on a game.

Get well, Jiri. Tonight, the name on the back is more important than the name on the front.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

Oh, wow. His heart stopped? That's so awful. It's really nice of you to write him a get well post...I hope it all works out for your team. :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

Thanks Rust! Nice of you to say.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Awww :( I like this line:

"Get well, Jiri. Tonight, the name on the back is more important than the name on the front."

I think hockey players are so much more humble than other professional athletes, which is one reason why I love it so much.

And I just read in the Wikkipedia article about Vladdie that the driver of the limo was only charged with driving with a suspended license. What kind of shit is that?!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape