Friday, March 17, 2006

...And Now, A Word From Our Sponsor - Revisited

OK, so me and Xteen were watching TV tonight, enjoying the fact that no commercials were bastardizing any popular music songs for their own selfish gain. Then, a commercial for Papa John's pizza comes on the tube. Apparent, Papa John is proud of his meat (hey, who isn't?) because they are laying it pretty thick on their pizza: ham, hamburger, pepperoni, and, of course, sausage. And nothing says, "Hey, we're proud of our meat" like a butchered 80s pop song.

The song? The Go Go's tune, "We Got the Beat".

The bastardized version? Oh yes. You guessed it. "We Got the Meat." Sung by a some woman group probably called the No No Go Go's.

Once I stopped giggling because it sounded dirty, I became outraged. Come on..."We Got the Meat"?!?! Sounds like it should the theme song to a transvestite musical, not a pizza commercial.

So, go screw, Papa John.

And take the Universities of Iowa and Kansas with you.

Can you tell my NCAA Basketball pool isn't going the way I wanted?

"Playstation's all I ever wanted...",

- Dim.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

You just saw that commercial? We've had it a month or so, and it bothers me to no end. It sounds to me like they're actually making it worse (if that's possible!) by making "meat" plural, as in "We got the meats", which doesn't even make sense. Stupid.

I have a feeling we'll have more of these bastardizations to blog about in the future. Ugh.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape