Monday, March 06, 2006

P.C.U. II

Can I use Roman numerals? Does that offend anyone?

Talk about timely, my blog posting about POOP-CRAP came slightly before this ridiculous story.

First of all, the Houston franchise should have renamed the team from 1836, not because it is offensive, but because the name is HORRIBLE. What the hell kind of cheer can you do when you have to crank out "Eighteen thirty-six". Have some more syllables. Why not name your team the Supercalifragilisticexpialodociouses while you are at it. You're name is stupid, but rather than changing your name because it is the stupidest nickname in the history of Earth, you change it because it is supposedly offensive? It's the year the friggin city was founded.

Changing it for that reason is even doubly stupid. Not to mention that they managed to have the team name a whopping three months before someone got their serape all twisted.

They say things are larger in Texas. That must go for the POOP-CRAP too.

This is the same professional sports league that has the (Great) Chicago Fire, by the by.

And on top of it all, this Houston franchise used to be the San Jose Earthquakes.

That's not bad karma or anything,

- Dim.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny G said...

Oh, for god's sake! Roman numerals do offend my, by the way. Please remove them from your blog :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Holy POOP-CRAP! people are so stupid. To go along with the bumper sticker my dad has on his truck, I say, "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog." And while I'm at it, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape