Thursday, February 15, 2007

Randomness

I usually hate doing random blurbs about my life, but I figured I owed it to all of my reader to do an update on Dim City, so here we go.


Xteen and I are still in the process of buying the house. We close on the 28th of this month. We're pretty stoked about it, but the whole process has been incredibly draining. We are hemorrhaging money, writing checks for everything, including the red hot poker they are all collectively using to ream me. When all is said and done, our life's savings will be down by half. But at least we'll have a pad. I'd love to have you all over for a party. Feel free to bring a couch or loveseat and any food that you like, provided that you require a little more sustenance than Ramen noodles and mac and cheese can provide.

The house is about 25 minutes west of where we are now, with no traffic or weather hazards. In other words, if we lived at that house yesterday when we were besieged by every kind of preciptation short of frogs, it would have taken us about a month and a half to get there. By the time we move in, most of the winter mess will be over. But I have no doubt, over the next year, we'll undoubtedly see a complete 180 in the global warming trend and the main highway between my house and my work will average approximately 118.3 inches of snow a week between the period of Nov. 1 2007 and May 1, 2008.

Oh, while on the subject of money flying out of my pocket, faster than K-Fed's after the breakup, Uncle Sam and TurboTax decided now was a nice time to tell us that we owe an ASSLOAD of money to the government. I'm completely befuddled as to how this could have happened and we are frantically going back over the numbers, since we didn't owe nearly that much last year and, the last time I checked, we didn't hit the fucking lottery. Oh, I see how we must of messed up. In looking closer at our software, I bough the TurboTax Deluxe Deduction Maximizer Wesley Snipes edition. Ooops! My bad!

In addition to us closing on the house on the 28th, that date is also my first open mic in more than a year. Let's hope it goes a little better than this one.

Go see this movie. It was incredible.

This may or may not be related to the home buying/we have nothing to furnish the house with/tax fiasco, but my stomach has been a wreck for like the last three weeks. And by a wreck, I don't mean just fat. It's always that. I mean upset, loud, cranky. Kinda like me all the time.

Thanks to WebMD, I had myself pretty thoroughly convinced that I had stomach cancer. After realizing the utter absurdity of that, I watched House this past Tuesday and came up with a much more likely explanation for the woes of my gut: I have a 16-foot long tapeworm.

Work is actually going pretty well. I got a promotion and won an award, because I'm awesome. Here it is:


That's right. I got a gold-plated asexual mouthless mummy holding a giant Thin Mint. If that doesn't say, "Dim, you're doing a smash-up job!", I don't know what does. The thing is gigantic and weighs a ton. I was worried about getting pulled over with it in the car.

**update based on March's comment**

Almost forgot...I am currently sporting an outrageous handlebar mustache. For real.

That's all I got. Sorry for the lame-ass post.

- Dim.

6 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

what is the award for? Coolest handlebar mouuuuuuustache?!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the house.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house.... and here's hoping you win the furniture lottery.......

10:34 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

This post was not lame-ass...it was funny, as usual.

I've never heard of that movie.

And, uh...a handlebar moustache?! You know that now that you told us about it, you HAVE to show us!

10:54 PM  
Blogger B. said...

You won that award at work?!? I wish my job gave out cool awards. Although last year, at the end of year teacher luncheon I did get the Rose Award. It said something to the effect of "she had a lot of thorns to deal with this year, but she came out smelling like roses." Oh yeah, and a rose magnet to go with it.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

Rosie...

Mustache of the month! That's awesome! I'm just growing mine because I'm an idiot and constantly trying to do some sort of facial hair that doesn't look like something a lot of people have these days. Gotta admit...it's coming in nicely!


Please please please try to do something about blogger. Start a new blog if you have to. I miss reading your posts!

- d.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape