Tuesday, October 17, 2006

More Random Crap *Edited with more on #5*

OK, I had a post all done last week and friggin Blogger ate it. God forbid they incorporate useful shit on their toolbar, like cut, copy, paste, and, for the love of all that's holy, UN-FUCKING-DO! But no...thankfully, I have a friggin eraser up there, which does something that I don't understand and a "quote" button which, the last time I checked, can be effectively noted by using the quote button on the fucking keyboard. So, because of Blogger's deficiencies and most definitely not because of my own idiocy, there was no post, alas.

But to get Annoyed off my back, here's just some random crap from the last week or so.


  1. We went to go visit my grandmother in her new assisted living joint this weekend. Hey, don't feel bad for her. She loves it and the place is like a palace. We had lunch with her there and I seemed to forget that they have to tailor the meals so that old people with no teeth can eat it. Thus, my vegetable medley, thankfully unlike the one I get at work in sheer diversity, was the consistency of Cream of Wheat. And tasted like cauliflower. But the real treat of lunch was sitting in the fancy dining room when, all of a sudden, we heard delicate piano music wafting through the air. I looked over and there was an elderly resident tickling the ivories. Oh, and he was playing the piano, too. Best part about it...other than the fact that he was pretty good...he was wearing a shirt which read on the back "It ain't easy being sleazy". All while wearing those virtual reality sunglasses, which I'm starting to think was actually a ViewMaster with a bunch of Bettie Page reels. Anyway, good for him.
  2. The My Space page of someone who works at my company was recently brought to my attention and it was rather, um, surprising. Among her "interests" was, um, let me put this delicately: Blowjobs. I certainly hope she is kidding, because it is going to make for a really awkward Secret Santa gift if one of us draw her name. I'm kidding!
  3. We found a house that we really liked a few weeks ago and we made an appointment to view it on the inside. The place was very nice, except, that when you walked in, you were greeted with a 25-foot-high mural of Yosemite National Park, seemingly to scale, and airbrushed a la those flourescent t-shirts they make for you in Hawaii that say, "Hang loose, Dim!" or whatever your name is. This was the entire height and span of the stairs leading to the second floor and nestled in the corner was a spraypained sign that said something like "Follow Your Dreams" or something similarly Yanni-like. Apparently, the couple in the house honeymooned there and gave this as an anniversary gift to each other. Good thing they didn't honeymoon in Disney, or I would have to figure out how to cover up a painting of Goofy playing badminton with Figment the Dragon.
  4. Speaking of Yanni, I've been flipping around the TV on occasion and have stopped at one of his concerts on PBS or WIMPT-V, or whatever shows it. And prior to launching into an agonizing song whose length makes Waterworld seem like a Three Stooges short, he explains between a thick Greek accent, "This is a song about how all of the children of the world should never have to live without love." Dude...it's a fucking INSTRUMENTAL! It isn't about anything! When Brian Johnson of AC/DC introduces "You Shook Me All Night Long" as a "song about banging some chick", you get it. The lyrics are there. Thanks for the clarification. But this yahoo busts out his recorder and plays an eon-long ode to the rain forest, with no words, and he expects me to believe him that that's what it is about? Hey Yanni...go frig.
  5. What's up with this spam shit lately? I'm not talking about the messages that come in a block paragraph and actually sound like a novel written by Tonto. You know those ones...the ones that have a bunch of sentences like "Fox bought building seven at night hurt knee". I'm talking about the ones that question my potency. And try to circumvent spam filters with clever ruses: Du U have probs when U phu(k? Take these pll and U will have &ig D!(<)k. So, what I want to know is what the hell is my (yelling) D!!!!! and how do they know that it is naturally less than my k? I swear that computer can see me when I walk around naked. - **EDIT 10/18/06** - I just now got a spam message from the sender "Trent Sidesaddle". I shit you not. I'm going to start keeping a list of these names and will update all 4 of my readers with the good ones when I have a few.

Anyway, that's it. Since I don't have any content , if you want to send me questions asking me anything at all, with no topic off-limits, forget it. I'm not that hard up. Heh.

- Dim.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It ain't easy being sleazy" is awesome.

Blowjobs as an interest. Shame she has to advertise that.

Spam is irking me like nothing else.

12:29 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Ok. This is sad. Your "Random Crap" blog is a million times better than my best blog entry ever (which, by the way, is not in esistence yet). Great post...yeah, what else is new?

4:33 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

B., that's so not true. I very much enjoy your blog and wish you would post something new, even if it is a "what I had for breakfast" post!

- D.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh fuck dim you blew us away again!!! Great post ... Love the It ain't being sleazy shirt!! How cool of the dude....

As for spam I keep getting these letters from some idiot in africa or somewhere asking if I can help get some money from somewhere or another...

funny though I never get a response back from them after I tell them I have forwarded their letter to ASIO and the AFP...

RR

5:34 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Ohhh, so that's what You Shook Me All Night Long is about!!

Dude, you don't need to wait for inspiration to hit. You can write about vegetable medleys and consistently make it hilarious. That guy at your grandma's nursing home sounds awesome.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dim! I miss you!

The Yanni section made me laugh out loud about four times...anyone who knows me knows that my hate for Yanni knows no bounds.

My word verification is "uuuhnd". That sounds either quite sexual or quite like taking a big crap.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

Hey Rust! Nice to see you back and visiting the City! Always great to have a familiar name around here.

Maybe instead of collecting spam senders, I should collect funky word verifications. Hmmm...

5:37 PM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

You are so talented and very funny. Love your posts.

9:11 PM  
Blogger pog mo thoin said...

You rock ... but not as much as Yanni.

Keep on being sleazy my friend.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape