Monday, October 30, 2006

I've Been Tagged

RR tagged me. I usually don't do these sorts of things, since I don't think I am very interesting, but here goes:

5 Quasi-Interesting Things About Dim

  1. Let's get a heavy one out of the way: I have no contact with my birth father. My Mom divorced him when I was very young. She remarried a few years after that and I was adopted by the man she married. I have his last name and I'm damn happy to say that I do. He's a great guy, great dad. The funny thing is that a lot of people who don't know this think I look like my Dad, even though he has an English/French Canadian background and my blood is 50% Italian and 50% Portugese.
  2. I have a nice collection of autographs and photographs with various musicians that I really like, including Elliott Smith, Bob Mould, Grant Hart, Kristin Hersh, Grant-Lee Phillips, John Doe, Twinemen, PJ Harvey, Queens of the Stone Age, Willy Porter, Glen Phillips, Neko Case, Richard Thompson, and Greg Dulli. Those that I REALLY want to meet, but haven't yet are: Mike Patton, Jeff Tweedy, Ryan Adams, Jack White, Nick Cave, and Pete Townshend.
  3. I know all 50 states in alphabetical order and can say them in about 15 seconds. It serves no useful purpose other than it gets me a free beer now and again.
  4. I have made an appearance in Rolling Stone magazine.
  5. I have strange, symmetrical scar-like markings on the inside of my forearms and on the sides of my knees. Yet, I never had surgery there and don't recall being abducted by aliens. OK, one more for good measure:
  6. I met my wife at a Halloween party. She was some Star Trek character (it was all she could throw together on short notice) and I was Zorro (not my best ever costume...that would have to be the time I went as Elvis). We dated casually for a few months after the party, but then didn't see each other for awhile. I ended up seeing somebody else and when that didn't work out, we started seeing each other again. The rest is history. Oh, and I'm following in her footsteps and growing my hair long so I can donate it.

See? Told you I wasn't very interesting.

I tag Jenny G, Rusty, and Pog. Get crackin'.

- Dim.

7 Comments:

Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Untrue! This is all very interesting, especially the stuff that you omitted like why did you and Xteen not see each other for a time? Who was the person who saw inbetween? What was the turning point for you guys? I also think that father/son relationships are very interesting. I want more!

You are the second person to have tagged me - Trish did as well, so tomorrow, promise!!!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

i was adopted and always laugh when people say that i look like my brothers.

pete townshend autograph - nice!!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

Pog - Let's see. We still hung out every once in awhile and definitely kept in touch over the phone and through e-mail, but it just wasn't the right time for us, I guess. The person in between was a very good friend from which some feelings grew. We worked at the same place and it ended very badly. We're not nasty with each other, but we also did not keep in contact (despite her wanting to). Not sure what the turning point was...at some point, we both just knew that it was something we should invest ourselves in.

Hotwire - Townshend is one of my dream meetings. Haven't fulfilled that one yet, and probably never will, unfortunately!! New Who disc is out today...can't wait to pick it up!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The question is...can you say all those 50 states in opposite order?

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap! I got tagged!

It's nice to learn some interesting stuff about you that I didn't know before! Well...except for the Rolling Stone thing. If I ever see that issue sitting around somewhere, I'm totally looking in it to find you!

10:30 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

I can do the Planets in Order from the sun to pluto..i just need to remember to not say Pluto any longer.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay thanks for answering all are very very interesting...


rr

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape