Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I (Heart) Irony II

It's been far too long between installments of I (Heart) Irony, but wait no longer thanks to some dipshit outside of the post office I went to after work today.

So, I am coming out of the post office this afternoon and, on the street that the post office is on, there is a car that is absolutely BLARING music out of it. And when I say "blaring", I mean that Marlee Matlin would have been able to hear it.

I was immediately struck by the noticeable lack of thumping bass and gullet-decimating kick drum.

I was also immediately struck by the noticeable lack of Kanye West, 50 Cent, or Slayer that usually goes hand-in-hand with dipshits blaring their music outside a post office.

So, what do you think was playing?

Remember this is called, "I (Heart) Irony"...

Give up?

OK, this person was blasting "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and friggin-ass Garfunkel. Sound. Silence. Blasting.

What? Was the CD changer still loading Dan Fogelberg and Bread? I can understand blowing out your trunk speakers to Terry Jacks' "Season in the Sun" or "Henry VIII" by Herman's Hermits, but "The Sound of fucking Silence"?!

That's like putting on KISS's "I Love It Loud" and then immediately lowering the volume to 1.

I should have seen it coming though. They had a bumper sticker on the car that read "If the Prius is a-rocking, it's probably because I am wretching and sobbing uncontrollably over the thought of the existence of non-dolphin-safe tuna".

Fuck off. Priuses have long bumpers.

California dreamin',

- Dim.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenny G said...

Love the bumper sticker.

6:16 PM  
Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Ha! Good stuff. Who are you to say that Art doesn't sound better with some kicker woofer and tweeter action?!? I think we need some major audio architecture to hear the potato pipes in "the Boxer." Incidently, I have both Dan Fogelberg and Bread in my esteemed collection, hence my SCDS blog.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Ah, irony. I (heart) it as well.

While it's funny for the reason that you mentioned (you know, the irony), it's funny as well that the fool inside the car was blasting something so...well...non-blastable. I like me some Simon and Garfunkel if I'm in the right mood, but it's not the kind of music you blare from your car speakers.

Dipshits.

Love the bumper sticker.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

i wouldn't blast that song our of embarassment, forget about the irony.

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love when people are blasting bad music.

Last month a guy my age in the car next to me was blasting Michael Bolton "How can we be lovers if we can't be friends" and I hurt myself laughing.

Love it.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape